Slidingdoor FAQ - Read this FIRST!

If you'd like to share your Slidingdoor or Picture Perfect based site with us, post it here. I've seen lots of good sites out there that use this theme.

Re: Slidingdoor FAQ - Read this FIRST!

Postby gaily » Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:58 pm

Hi Wayne,

I really like your theme!

I am having problem with uploading images. I tried uploading in media library or straght from the computer but it come out blank box with small symbol in wordpress and on the website. When i press edit image to crop or resize i can see the picture.

I have used wordpress before and i never have this problem. Do you have any advice?

Gail
gaily
I'm new here

Postby OOsteve » Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:49 pm

WAYNE - MASSIVE HELP NEEDED! please read!!

I have stupidly changed my URL in the general settings, of which i have sliding doors theme and now i cant log into or have any access to my website.
I dont know if you can help with this. Please let me know.

Thanks!!

steve
OOsteve
I'm new here

Postby fancy » Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:44 pm

For quite some time I have been having a problem with the Picture Perfect theme. My comments are not showing up after they have been submitted. I have been trying to get some assistance for quite a few months but I don't get any answers. Is there anyone here who can help? Please and thanx.
fancy
I'm a regular

Postby Alice » Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:31 am

can anybody tell how to change word HOME to same but in different language (I need to change it to Главная)? I can't manage it.
I guess it's in Header but nothing works...
Alice
I'm new here

Postby visualed » Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:11 pm

Ive configured the theme. I did all the steps: menu - create a post, feauted image (320 x 200). LInks are ok but there's no image... all is black... what can i do?
visualed
I'm new here

Postby Confused » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:44 am

Been through the sections re changing the image and text for the sliding doors. Created 7 pages, Created Menu but then cannot add pages to menu. Accidentally discovered that a Post Category (experimenting with features) could be added to a Menu which then became the image for the sliding doors. However, this also listed the Categories where I would normally expect to see HOME, ABOUT etc headers...
Love the style but my head is starting to hurt....
Confused
I'm new here

Showing Comments

Postby slindsay » Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:40 am

I would like my subscribers to engage more and I think if they could see their comments that would help. Right now after each post it just has the word comments and then a number. HOw do I make it so they show up right after the post?
slindsay
I'm new here

Slide Menus/Links

Postby jsmoak » Sat May 05, 2012 12:48 am

Hi All - I'm stumped. I'm not a WP newbie, and I've followed the directions on how to change the links of the slides to a T (pasted below), as well as every variant that I can think of, and I still can't get the Sliding image links to change correctly. When I follow these directions, the links do change and go to the menu I created, but all the images disappear. The image "containers" seem to be there, because I still get the sliding action on mouse over, however, they are black with white borders, making them look empty.

Does this theme require a fresh build without any existing user generated pages and/or content?

ANY help would be much appreciated!!!

Jim

VERSION 2.6 and later: THE MENU'S ARE NOW SET UP USING THE BUILT-IN CUSTOM MENUS

1. Go into Appearance - Menus
2. Create a New menu and add 7 Pages to it.
3. A new dropdown will appear on the left called 'Sliding Navigation' Select your new menu here.

UPDATE: I have figured out how the issue above by wading through the functions.php file. HOWEVER, I'm now trying to take this from a 3 column to a 2 column design, and I find nowhere in the admin tool to do that. I will open a new post on this topic.
jsmoak
I'm new here

Postby thedark » Sun May 13, 2012 2:50 pm

Hi,

I tried to change the images in the slider menu but it does not change, I followed the instructions in the FAQ.

It says about going to pages and set the features images.

Please help.

Thank you
thedark
I'm new here

Postby wayne » Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:51 pm

thedark wrote:I tried to change the images in the slider menu but it does not change, I followed the instructions in the FAQ.

I've posted a link to a pictorial guide, check out the FAQ again now.
wayne
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Site Showcase