Getting Started

Everything else!

Re: Getting Started

Postby vvelkom » Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:28 am

All is clear to point 5:
5. Go to a post that is in your main menu and select 'upload image' then select the image you want to upload and select 'use as featured image'.

As well as where to choose point "to load the image"?
(I am sorry for my English language - a wire transfer from Russian)
My site: http://intcrossway.com/
vvelkom
I'm a regular

Postby mischief » Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:58 pm

Hi Wayne,

Firstly, thank you for your creation :)

I am atteptin to upload images as per instructions, and all seems to be working fine, except the 'home' menu is taking up one of my image slots. Do you know how I would disable this?

Thanks in advance
Anthony

http://blog.discountsupplementscentre.com
mischief
I'm new here

Sliding images

Postby liatakis » Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:34 pm

Hi, just before i install your nice theme i would like to know about the 8 sliding images that are on top of the site.
What happens when site visitors click on them?Are they just photos opening in a bigger window or is it pages where they can see more info, photos etc?
thank you
aris liatakis
www.paleochorahotels.com
liatakis
I'm new here

Postby iammeuru » Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:40 pm

I have a PC and had the old version of Sliding Doors. I decided to upgrade. I followed the instructions carefully to BEGIN. First, I changed the 7 graphics in wp-content file to those that I had with the older version (they came up beautifully). Then, I assigned the 7 pages in the MENU and corresponded them to the Sliding Navigation. When I did, the pictures disappeared. I checked to see if the graphics were still in the wp-content file (they are). The graphics are where they are supposed to be in the file (1-7) but not appearing in the sliding doors. Each door corresponds to its page perfectly when you click on the door. BUT NO PICTURE. I deactivated then reuploaded the program. NOW, THERE ARE BOTH NO GRAPHICS AND NO SLIDING DOORS!!!!!! When I take off the PAGES in the MENU, the pictures and doors return!!!!! HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!
iammeuru
I'm new here

Postby iammeuru » Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:49 pm

By the way, my website is DocDarB.com...
iammeuru
I'm new here

Postby iammeuru » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:01 pm

SLIDING DOORS- www.docdarb.com Is there anyplace where I can put my copyright and date at the bottom of the page as well as terms of use? Is there a way I can insert my Social Network symbols abolve the SEARCH box?
iammeuru
I'm new here

Postby DBuggy » Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:57 am

wayne wrote:Getting Started.

1. Download the theme and activate it from wordpress.
2. Go into Appearance - Menus and Create a New menu and add 7 Pages or Categories to it.
3. A new dropdown will appear on the left called 'Sliding Navigation' - Select your new menu here.
4. To change the images, change them in photoshop. The need to be 320×200 in size or it won’t work. You can download the original photo shop file from the theme homepage. The titles in the images are changed by editing the image in photoshop. Try to make the filesize small - in photoshop you do this by 'save for web' and choose medium or low quality - not high.
5. Go to a post that is in your main menu and select 'upload image' then select the image you want to upload and select 'use as featured image'.
6. If you want to customise the theme, make sure you use a child theme rather than directly change the sliding door theme - there's great instructions here: http://op111.net/53/

Enjoy!

I can't even get step 3 completed Grrr :evil:
DBuggy
Legend!

Postby DBuggy » Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:10 am

Finally I am getting somewhere. Sliding door images are done and 3 are loaded, although I will find better images in some cases but.... I'm making progress. :D
DBuggy
Legend!

Postby DustyCar » Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:36 pm

I learned Canva, got all the sliding doors done, installed a widget or two....I was just thinking I'm a genius 'cos it was all so easy, despite the frustration of fellow-posters. Now, I'm back to stupid, really, really stupid.

It has to do with image sizes in a post. My posts are a bunch of text, maybe two photos, more or less like the lorem ipsum sample page provided for the theme. Do you recommend a size that's practical for a reader to see the post efficiently? Can you do a thumbnail and not a full image and if, so, how? How can you create a standard size template thingy for all photos that are going into blog posts, so I can just give all my post photos the same dimensions (at least for now)?

If I want to head the post with a photo (e.g. one that would go all the way across the page), how do I know what size to make it?

While I'm at it.....can I turn one of my better posts into a template so I can crank out a whole bunch of similar ones?

That's it for now.

Wow, I'm clever.....this theme is way easier to set up than fellow posters seem to think, I'm hopeless with photos/graphics/tech stuff and even I can do it, and it looks fabulous....

Thanks!
DustyCar
I'm new here

Previous

Return to Announcements and General Support for Slidingdoor Themes