Sliding Door Latest Version available for download!

Everything else!

Re: New Sliding Door Version available for download!

Postby Filia » Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:35 am

Hi,

I'm trying to figure out how I get the theme to display just one sidebar on the right instead of one on either side of my posts and I saw that there is a part in the stylesheet that's titled:
/*
LAYOUT: Two columns
DESCRIPTION: Two-column fixed layout with one sidebar right of content
*/

So that's exactly the layout I want to use but I just don't have a clue as to how I can activate this layout-option???
It would be great if anyone could help me, I'm not really into this whole editing stuff so figuring this one out on my own is more likely to make me destroy my whole blog instead of improving the design...
Filia
I'm new here

Postby PTSWhite » Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:37 am

I'm considering using Sliding Door to replace my aging Frontpage-generated website. A friend who develops websites using wordpress (usually with StudioPress) loved the look of Sliding Door but was concerned that it had not been updated since April 30th, 2011 whereas Wordpress itself had undergone an upgrade since then. He specifically voiced concerns about security and widget compatability.

Being new to (read: completely unfamiliar with) Wordpress and not finding any other themes that have the instantaneous visual appeal of Sliding Door I don't really want to go with another theme or framework unless there is a truly compelling reason. So my questions are:

1) Are my friend's concerns warranted?
2) How suitable is Sliding Door as a CMS for a site with as many as 50 to 100 pages and few image galleries?
3) In terms of ease of adding and updating content, how does Sliding Door compare to structured frameworks (e.g., Thesis, Genesis, pagelines, etc.)?
4) Considering my friend's perceived lag in development, is site security an issue?
5) Will newer and forthcoming widgets pose compatability problems?

Thanks,

Steve
PTSWhite
I'm new here

Re: New Picture Perfect Version available for download!

Postby lisa » Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:29 pm

Hello! I have the same concerns that Steve does, but about the Picture Perfect theme which I'm currently using for my non-profit http://www.RegattaVavau.com
It's also been suggested to me that perhaps there may be security issues unless an update is done.
I'd really love to keep using the P.P. theme... any news about and update?
Thanks so much! :)
Lisa

PTSWhite wrote:I'm considering using Sliding Door to replace my aging Frontpage-generated website. A friend who develops websites using wordpress (usually with StudioPress) loved the look of Sliding Door but was concerned that it had not been updated since April 30th, 2011 whereas Wordpress itself had undergone an upgrade since then. He specifically voiced concerns about security and widget compatability.

Being new to (read: completely unfamiliar with) Wordpress and not finding any other themes that have the instantaneous visual appeal of Sliding Door I don't really want to go with another theme or framework unless there is a truly compelling reason. So my questions are:

1) Are my friend's concerns warranted?
2) How suitable is Sliding Door as a CMS for a site with as many as 50 to 100 pages and few image galleries?
3) In terms of ease of adding and updating content, how does Sliding Door compare to structured frameworks (e.g., Thesis, Genesis, pagelines, etc.)?
4) Considering my friend's perceived lag in development, is site security an issue?
5) Will newer and forthcoming widgets pose compatability problems?

Thanks,

Steve
lisa
I'm new here

Postby JasonMK » Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:25 pm

So it looks like Sliding Doors 2.61 is still the latest version available?
JasonMK
I'm a regular

Postby rae » Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:33 pm

Is there a new version coming out that will be compatible with the latest Wordpress (3.3.1)?

Because after a bit of research, the sliding portion stops working if you've updated to WP 3.3.1. Looking at blogs that still have the slider navigation working, the latest version I thought was 3.2.x at least.

Thanks.
rae
I'm new here

How to change the images on sliding pages for version 1.8.7

Postby latasha » Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:49 am

Hi there,

So I've been on this forum for the past couple of hours, going back and forth to my WP page and finding little solutions
to my dilemma. I recently switched the theme to 1.8.7. Everything on my page is set up how I would like it (two columns is enough for me)
to be and I fear losing it all if I upgrade to 2.6.1 .

So the only problem is changing the default images to images I have on file on the sliding pages.

I don't know how to read HTML (so I rely entirely on the dashboard) and it seems like a lot you guys are far more advanced than me
Also, I don't have photoshop which appears to be one of the instructions a couple of posts ago.

So here's my problem again:

How do I change the default images in the sliding pages to images I have?

Can someone help?

http://latashadiggs.com/wordpress/
latasha
I'm new here

Postby lewis » Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:15 pm

I just downloaded this Theme and can not figure out how to attach an image to a Custom Link. Is there a detailed guide somewhere. The only info I can find is for Pages and Categories, nothing address how to use the Custom Links.

Assistance is much appreciated.

Thank you
lewis
I'm a regular

Postby PCZero » Wed May 02, 2012 8:24 pm

wayne wrote:NEW THEME FROM 2.6 IS DESIGNED SO THAT YOU CAN UPGRADE THE THEME AND YOU WON"T LOSE YOUR IMAGES!!!!
THE IMAGES ARE NOW STORED WITH THE POSTS - NOT WITH THE THEME.

ALSO THE MENU'S ARE SET UP USING THE BUILT-IN CUSTOM MENUS
HOW TO SET UP THE SLIDING MENUS

1. Go into Appearance - Menus
2. Create a New menu and add 7 Pages or categories to it.
3. A new dropdown will appear on the left called 'Sliding Navigation' Select your new menu here.

When I do this, the links work fine but there are no images. A view of the code shows that the style for all of the menu links are liek this...

style="background: url(') repeat scroll 0%;"

For some reason when I add a custom menu it wipes out the images. How do I address this?
PCZero
I'm new here

Postby LaylaL » Fri May 18, 2012 9:35 am

There is no "set featured image" option in my Wordpress dashboard. With the previous theme I was using it was there, but it is no longer in there for this theme. I really like this theme a lot, but it's frustrating me to death that I can't change the sliding door images! Is there any way to fix this?
LaylaL
I'm new here

Previous

Return to Announcements and General Support for Slidingdoor Themes