Getting Started for newbies in SD/ Help ME Please/ Solved

Everything else!

Getting Started for newbies in SD/ Help ME Please/ Solved

Postby rusty » Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:11 pm

Alright...is there anyone out there that can give a nice and simple explanation on how to get our images into the sliding bar! ( i have read & read)
is there a magic step that is secret...I am not a total knob and not a newbie. I have installed/ created menu / choose sliding navigation on left side/ added 7 pages to the menu/ got the page link to plugin/ went to a page down to set featured image. once there i upload from computer to gallery. but nothing happens after that. i can not even click the show button! ...and what is odd is that you can not even type in the pages...i cannot move any of the widgets...i will admit i know nothing about code...i mean this is theme i am wanting to use but i am just at my wits end. ps why do none of the widgets available works
TKS HELP ME
Last edited by rusty on Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rusty
Legend!

Re: Getting Started for newbies in SD/ Help ME Please

Postby rusty » Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:27 pm

OK...figured out there was something wrong with wordpress loading files when trying to set featured image...
for all other noobs like me creator of theme did a good job with explaining...
tks
rusty
Legend!

Re: Getting Started for newbies in SD/ Help ME Please/ Solve

Postby rusty » Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:51 pm

OK sometimes it is wordpress that is a bitch it happened to me.....as creator explained very nicely how do it ! so to help you out make sure you have updated your wordpress......
install theme.... download plugin called "pages link to" and activate.....create 7 pages....create a new menu....add those 7 pages to it ..save menu...on the left hand side beside your menu you will see a place where you see "sliding navigation" in that drop down select the menu you have just created and then save......no there should not be any pics.....next go to your pages select page 1....scrolll down and you see set featured image.....select a pic ...hit saves all changes then you will see a thumbnail of it click the show button and scroll down and you will see " set as featured image" save all changes again...close that and you should see the pic in the lower right side...yup...then scroll up and update page.....once that done you then scroll back down......and you will see the page links to...this is where you enter the url you want that image to redirect to................Voila .....
Cheers hope this helped
rusty
Legend!

Postby DRA » Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:50 pm

Hi, I am a newbie and I have created a new menu and have 7 pages but nowhere can I find this mysterious new drop down box on the left side. Nothing with the word sliding has appeared???
DRA
I'm new here

Postby Kris » Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:11 am

FINALLY! THANK you, this is exactly what I have been struggling with.
Kris
I'm new here

Postby vvelkom » Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:33 pm

Unlike DRA, I have found the dropping out menu...
But further: any "scrolll down and you see set featured image" I haven't found...
So, while any "вуаля" it has not turned out:(
vvelkom
I'm a regular

Postby Teljkon » Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:03 am

you set feautred image under page
Teljkon
I'm new here

Postby vvelkom » Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:54 pm

I have solved all much easier - I have changed the established pictures for the. By the way, now I do not go in cycles in conformity of an order of pages and pictures (for example, I have put pictures since the second page of the menu)
Can look: http://intcrossway.com/
vvelkom
I'm a regular

Return to Announcements and General Support for Slidingdoor Themes