Custom Post Type display in Category view

Everything else!

Custom Post Type display in Category view

Postby wildhive » Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:23 am

Hi. I've successfully changed the headers images, and got several Custom Post Type plugins running, testing them out. I can get my archive.php page to show me all of my Custom Posts on a page, again with a plugin. But, when I click on the standard Categories (as opposed to custom taxonomies) used for my Sliding Doors, I only see an output of my normal wordpress "Posts" in those categories. But the Custom Posts which have also been categorized in the standard wordpress taxonomy of Categories don't show up in my output.

I'm new to this, and can't tell if it's the Loop of the Theme that I should be editing, or if it's some other Functions thing I need to do. I looked in the category.php file in the Sliding Door folder, and can't make heads or tails as to how I'd get my Custom Posts to be displayed when I sort by Category.

This is separate from the fact that I also can't get other things to show, but I'm hoping that learning how the Loop works with Sliding Door will lead me to figure out other things. I'm confused about where I'm supposed to call functions and such. I've been happy with the sample code generated by "Custom Post Type UI" plugin to add to my Functions.php file. And "Custom Content Type Manager" plugin provides useful "sample templates" to copy and paste to make the Custom fields display within the posts.

But getting ALL of my posts, Custom and standard posts, to display by Cat is my issue. Where should I add what code.
Thanks for all your help.

notes:
permalink structure: /%category%/%postname%/
My Custom Post indicates that it is posted in the Categories. But only standard posts display when I click on the Sliding Door image to that category.
Sorry, it's all localhost

-D
wildhive
I'm new here

Re: Custom Post Type display in Category view

Postby somi » Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:22 pm

did you solve you're problem?
somi
I'm new here

Return to Announcements and General Support for Slidingdoor Themes