Large image overlap if browser window too small

Everything else!

Large image overlap if browser window too small

Postby nelson1 » Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:34 pm

Hello,

I am using the very beautiful picture perfect theme and it's going great!

I have run into a slight problem though. I have large images on my page and if the browser window is too small, the image overlaps out of the main body and into the sidebar. Please see the attachment. The big red arrow points to the arrow and the double headed arrow measures the overlap.
overlap.JPG
overlap.JPG (58.26 KiB) Viewed 3936 times

I did search this forum but couldn't find the solution. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

-Nelson
nelson1
I'm new here

Re: Large image overlap if browser window too small

Postby awj » Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:49 am

Hi
see this thread

viewtopic.php?f=11&p=4565#p4565

But basically i found you have to set the image size as a % instead of a fixed pixel width.
awj
I'm a regular

Postby katyb » Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:30 pm

I am hoping someone can repost the link to the correct thread with the answer to this. When I click on the link provided it takes me to a Site Showcase post, nothing about how to set images to a %.

Thanks!

Katy
katyb
I'm new here

Postby krickets » Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:53 pm

Kathy, I will tell you how I solved a similar problem. My header was not centered. I downloaded firebug. I saw that the box for my header was smaller than the box for the text underneath. I changed the header size until it was right. You can make changes with firebug and see how it looks but it doesn't save anything. I changed the header from 900px to 950px and this looked right. I then went into my site to appearance, editor and changed it at the same spot. It took me a while to figure out firebug and then get the nerve to do the change, but in the long run I learned a lot. Hope this helps.

I assume you tried different size pictures,
www.krickettsbooks.com
John
krickets
Legend!

Return to Announcements and General Support for Slidingdoor Themes