Help Please !!

Everything else!

Help Please !!

Postby emoniz » Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:49 pm

Hi all

I posted the following a couple of weeks ago and have not had a reply, I would really appreciate some insight with this as it has me stymied and is preventing me from getting my site up and running.

thanks

Ed

Sliding Door Menus

Postby emoniz » Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:50 pm
I have recently set up the Sliding Door theme and am using it to show my photo images. I read the information on this forum and was able to create a sliding door menu with seven pages that I intend to use for photo galleries. I did this by creating seven images in photoshop for the sliders and assigning them to the featured image on each page of my galleries. Everything works great except that when I add images to the gallery the small menu picture is included because it is on the page. so i have searched the code and have found the li where the default menu lists the target locations to jump to using href's, i would like to edit these href's and add my own destinations rather then the defaults. the problem I can't find the actual file where they are located. I found them using firebug in Firefox but it does not allow me to edit the content permanently. Can someone please tell me which file contains those seven lines of html code?

many thanks

Ed Monz
www.edmonizphotography.com
emoniz
I'm new here

Re: Help Please !!

Postby krickets » Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:11 am

Not sure if I can help or not but I will give it a try. The site WP Admin contains the basic set up code. The main files are at your host provider. As a rule for me I will do minor tweaks at the WP admin but don't go to the Host files. Almost everything I need to do can be done in WP, it is just figuring out how to do it.

www.krickettsbooks.com
krickets
Legend!

Re: Help Please !!

Postby emoniz » Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:08 pm

I found the location for the default settings to the sliding door menu, they are located in the theme folder in a file called functions.php the function is; function no_sliding_menu(). now trying to work out some bugs with the gallery display but happily on my way

ed
emoniz
I'm new here

Return to Announcements and General Support for Slidingdoor Themes