On two pages, text area = text black and background white

Everything else!

On two pages, text area = text black and background white

Postby craigm » Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:41 pm

I want the text area text to be black and the background to be white on only two pages out of seven

I have been poking around the css and php files and I do not understand where each page is assembled in WordPress. I believe the pages are stored in a database somewhere and that cannot directly edit them. It seems that only a code intervention will work.

I have been poking around my sliding-door child them and am able to manipulate ALL the pages or none ofthe pages text areas.

Is there someplace where each page is loaded that I can edit the color and background for specific portions of the pages as they are loaded OR am I barking up the worng tree?

Is there a better way to manipulate the text areas on only these two pages?

Thanks for all your support, Craig
craigm
Legend!

Re: On two pages, text area = text black and background whit

Postby craigm » Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:16 pm

The problem was "how do I let a veiwer get a printable copy of a page they are viewing?". If you copy and paste the document you get black text on a red background.

I beat the problem by adding the following HTML code to each of the pages where I wanted viewers to be able to get a plain black text with with white backgound, suitable for prining.

To incorporate this you only need to go into the page editor, press the HTML tab and paste the following code at the top or bottom of the page or whereever you would lke the link to show up.

<span style="font-size: medium;"><a href="http://yoursite.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/mydoc.docx">Download my cover letter.</a></span>

Adjust the above code to reflect your directory structure and document name.

No other changes are necessary. It will put a hyper-link into your viewed document that will open a dialog box allowing downloading or saving of the document file indicated in the above line of code.

This solution is working very well for me. There will be no further support from me regarding this issue.

Happy coding!

Craig...Out
craigm
Legend!

Return to Announcements and General Support for Slidingdoor Themes