An issue with page order...PP

Everything else!

An issue with page order...PP

Postby Nicksaf2 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:03 pm

xFirst of all, Wayne, your theme Picture Perfect is the best! Absolutely genius! Proves once more that genius is simple! Thank you, very very much!
However im having an issue, to which there doesn't seem to be a solution. I can't manage to set page order. Both via a plugin(MyPageOrder) and manually via post editing.
Nothing seems to have helped. Only Deleting posts and recreating them in the order i require, frustrating. Please help!!

It works in twentyten theme.

Officials WP forum suggests: "What is the nature of this list of pages? Is it a menu? Look through the part of the template file that's creating the page list as esmi suggests, and search for <?php wp_list_pages(); ?>. The 'sort_column' argument in this function is probably set to 'post_title'. You should set it to 'menu_order'."

How does it apply to PP?
Nicksaf2
I'm a regular

Re: An issue with page order...PP

Postby Nicksaf2 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:14 pm

Some suggest editing the sidebar.php with Ensure that you are using <?php wp_list_pages('sort_column=menu_order'); ?

But Pp is giving me an error...
Nicksaf2
I'm a regular

Postby Nicksaf2 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:25 pm

Almost managed: changed file header.php edited <?php slider_menuparse(wp_list_pages('sort_column=ID&depth=1&number=7&title_li=&echo=0')); ?>
Changed 'sort_column=ID to 'sort_column=menu it worked but now doesn't allow me to change the order again...
Nicksaf2
I'm a regular

Postby Nicksaf2 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:47 am

Edit: instead of just menu write menu_order
Nicksaf2
I'm a regular

Postby wayne » Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:34 pm

note to self this would be good to incorporate if I do A THEME UPDATE.

THEMEUPDATE
wayne
Site Admin

Return to Announcements and General Support for Slidingdoor Themes