Sliding door not working for Wordpress 4.4

Everything else!

Re: Sliding door not working for Wordpress 4.4

Postby wayne » Sat Jan 02, 2016 9:06 pm

What is the content of your child theme? Does it work just as sliding door without the child theme?
You could try deleting the theme altogether then re-installing it from worpress admin.
wayne
Site Admin

Postby pareidol » Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:53 pm

The child theme is just the css. I have deleted it on the server but the error message is still there.

And I can't even get to the admin because this is the error message I receive: Fatal error: Cannot redeclare get_the_post_thumbnail_url() (previously declared in /home/dreamintochange/www/www/wp-includes/post-thumbnail-template.php:190) in /home/dreamintochange/www/www/wp-content/themes/sliding-door/functions.php on line 217

In opening functions.php in Wordpad I can't tell which line is 217. Do you have any idea what could be wrong with that line and if so how to fix it?
pareidol
I'm new here

Postby pareidol » Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:15 pm

I just asked my hosting company (icdsoft.com) for help, and they edited the functions.php file to fix my problem (posting it here in case anyone else encounters this):

function get_the_post_thumbnail_url( $post_id = NULL ) {
global $id;
$post_id = ( NULL === $post_id ) ? $id : $post_id;
$src = wp_get_attachment_image_src(get_post_thumbnail_id($post_id), 'full');
$src = $src[0];
return $src;
}

I love the Sliding Door theme and am so relieved to have it working again ... and updated!
pareidol
I'm new here

Postby wayne » Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:12 am

Your site seems to be working now?
wayne
Site Admin

Postby bigcaat » Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:48 am

Hi Wayne.

I had Sliding Door installed but I was not using it. I'm updating my site and would like to now. Because of the prior email about the 4.4 flaw, I never updated the theme. I have now just deleted it altogether. Will it be okay now if I just search for it though the 'add themes' function and auto-install the current version?

Thanks,
Caat
bigcaat
I'm new here

Postby wayne » Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:05 pm

yes, the latest version of sliding door works with the latest version of WordPress.
wayne
Site Admin

Postby wayne » Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:07 pm

The most foolproof way to repair this is to delete the sliding door theme altogether, then from the WordPress admin screen make sure you are upgraded to the latest version of WordPress, then go to the theme menu of a WordPress search for sliding door and download the latest version of sliding door.
That will give you a completely fresh version of sliding door with the latest version of WordPress which should all work.
Then if you need to you can add your child theme back in.
wayne
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Announcements and General Support for Slidingdoor Themes