Slidingdoor FAQ - Read this FIRST!

Everything else!

Re: Slidingdoor FAQ - Read this FIRST!

Postby wayne » Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:12 pm

Grab version 2 of the theme, and you can change the text colour in your photo editing program when you edit the photos.
wayne
Site Admin

Postby lisa » Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:04 am

Hi! I've searched everywhere regarding:
How I change the images on the sliding menus at the top of the page?
The listed answer is:
Simply upload your new images on top of the existing jpg images. They are in the themes/slidingdoor/imagemenu/images folder
But... I can't find the Themes Folder/slidingdoor folder/imagemenu anywhere. I've tried searching wp-content too, with no luck.
Can you please point me in the right direction? Thanks!
lisa
I'm new here

Postby lisa » Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:43 am

It's me again... I have a couple other questions I've been unable to solve...
- my slidingdoor page orders won't go into the page order I give them. I looked through the forums and it says that I have to be logged in as admin to get it to work. tried that, but still no luck.
- I've read that 2.0 will solve some problems, not sure if it will solve mine, but I've tried to upload and install and the install keeps failing, saying that the files already exist there, but I have the 1.87 activated now.
Can you help me with these and the changing of the slidingdoor images that I mentioned in my last post?
I really really LOVE the look of your theme and just need these 3 items sorted!
My site is www.RegattaVavau.com
Thx!
lisa
I'm new here

Postby wayne » Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:56 pm

Disable the Sliding door theme.
Upload the new sliding door theme.
Enable the new sliding door theme.
wayne
Site Admin

Postby xeeds » Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:02 pm

Hi Wayne,
any chance of an answer to the subject "Page-links-to plug in installed, but not recognizing" . I have a feeling that it may be the upgrade to WP 3.1 that causes this, but I may be wrong.

Ed
xeeds
I'm new here

Postby wayne » Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:12 am

xeeds wrote:Hi Wayne,
any chance of an answer to the subject "Page-links-to plug in installed, but not recognizing" . I have a feeling that it may be the upgrade to WP 3.1 that causes this, but I may be wrong.

Ed

SD version 2.6 fixes this.
wayne
Site Admin

Postby dg-one » Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:12 pm

i am having terrible problems with the update to 2.6. I now can't get the header image set. i have followed all the suggestions listed on this forum. I have been able to get this to work this work in previous versions but not 2.6. Is there something different about the header image set up in 2.6?

http://devettergroup.com/Paul_DeVetter/Sketchbook/

btw....almost none of my plugins work now.
dg-one
I'm a regular

Postby NeilUK02 » Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:46 am

Only question I have is why did you remove the "options" button in dashboard where you could type in the URL's for the header pics to direct to. That was a great feature of 2.3 making it so easy to set up
NeilUK02
Legend!

Postby ilham » Tue May 03, 2011 5:21 pm

hi wayne.. i`m still getting a problem..
i've managed to add 7 pages and I know how to changes the pictures on the sliding headers of each page of picture perfect. but PicturePerfect still leaves me with the original links to your site.
n i`ve tried about these steps:
1. Go into Appearance - Menus
2. Create a New menu and add 7 Pages or Categories to it.
3. A new dropdown will appear on the left called 'Sliding Navigation' Select your new menu here.

but the problem is my sliding pictures was changed become a dark picture,but it was successfully bringing me to my pages. :)
Help me please...
Thnk u very much.
ilham
I'm new here

Postby wayne » Fri May 06, 2011 5:11 am

NeilUK02 wrote:Only question I have is why did you remove the "options" button in dashboard where you could type in the URL's for the header pics to direct to. That was a great feature of 2.3 making it so easy to set up

The wordpress theme people told me to.

I thought my way was the easiest, but the wordpress theme approval team want it done this way - they want all themes to be standard, which makes sense, and this is the way other themes do a similar thing.

So I'm sorry about that.

Wayne
wayne
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements and General Support for Slidingdoor Themes