Note to users of Picture Perfect Theme

Everything else!

Note to users of Picture Perfect Theme

Postby wayne » Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:40 pm

The Picture perfect theme does not automatically put the photos n the sliders. You need to do it manually.

1. Download Picture Perfect theme.

2.In the Wordpress-Admin-Pages menu, create 7 pages that will be your seven headings in the menu. They can be a real pages with content (Eg 'About me') or you can go down the bottom of the page entry and select the 'page links to' and link to anywhere else like this:

3. If you'd like to change the images, you need to use an FTP program to upload new jpgs to override the existing ones in the wp-content/themes/slidingsdoor/imagemenu/images directory. They need to have the same name, and be 320x200 in size or it won't work.

I'll try to say this again as some people are not getting it.

The 7 pictures in the image directory connect to the first 7 pages. These pages don't yet exist (you cant provide pages with a theme). The current sliders are just pointing to random stuff. So you need to make your own 7 pages. This is the first step. When you have made 7 pages, the 7 sliders will now point to your pages.

Picture 1 connects to Page 1
Picture 2 connects to Page 2
Picture 3 connects to Page 3 and so on.

So just create some pages and put in them what you want.

The 'Page links to' entry down the bottom is for if you want Picture 1 to point somewhere other than Page 1.
You can point point picture 1 anywhere via the page links to field of page 1, and then picture 1 will go wherever that URL tells it to go.

See the FAQ for more details on this.

Enjoy!
wayne
Site Admin

Re: READ THIS FIRST: Getting Started with Picture Perfect Theme

Postby richtl » Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:47 am

Hi Wayne,

Neat themes. I'm trying to configure the Picture Perfect theme and just can't get the slider links to change. Yes, I've read the FAQ, and if I switch to the Slidingdoor theme my slider point to my desired locations, but PicturePerfect leaves me with the original links to your site.

I'm undoubtedly missing something obvious. Suggestions?

Kind regards,

Rich
richtl
I'm new here

Postby richtl » Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:02 am

Odd. Switched between themes a couple times and picture perfect started working. Cache issue, I guess.

Rich
richtl
I'm new here

Postby morever » Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:12 am

can u help me how active this them? because i dunno :S
morever
I'm new here

Postby Oonie » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:38 pm

You need to upload your theme in wp-content/themes using your FTP. After that, go on your admin page and in Appearance - Themes, just activate the theme you want.
Sorry if there are some mistakes in my posts : I'm french. ^^
Oonie
Legend!

Picture Perfect - The basics for posting on individual pages

Postby snapper » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:46 pm

Hello,

I'm very new to wordpress and website stuff in general.
I'm a photographer setting up a website to showcase my photos and a blog.

I've managed to add 7 pages and I know how to changes the pictures on the sliding headers of each page of picture perfect.

I would like to add words and pictures on each page and be able to add (in a blog style) often.

I don't understand the 'page links to' bit as I can't see it on the bottom of my page entries.... help??

Is there a complete dummies guide??

Regards
snapper
I'm new here

Postby bwboles » Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:57 am

Hi Wayne - I've recently loaded your Picture Perfect Theme and I think it's one of the best themes I've seen. I have a few issues/questions, however, that I hope you will address for me.

#1 - In your "Getting Started" post, you state that the images for the pages have to be 320x200 in size. It seems, however, that in the version I have, the (default) images are actually 240x300. That would be OK, but after painfully finding images of that size that fit my design needs, I realized that, with the new widescreen monitors that come with PCs these days, the bottom (#7) image is not on the screen. I was wondering if it would be possible to tweak the theme for either (back to) 320x200 images or maybe even a bit smaller (at least in height). I would really appreciate any guidance you can give me to make this modification.

#2 - I am also wanting to change the font up in the top (header?) but I can't seem to figure out how. I was able to change the color, but not the actual font. Is this possible? If so, where on earth do I make the change?

#3 - If I can't manipulate the font (in #2 above), would it be possible to replace the entire top (header?) with a banner type image?

Thank you in advance for any guidance you can provide me. Again, I think this is one of the coolest themes I've found and I am anxious to get my site design completed so I can launch it.
bwboles
I'm new here

Re: READ THIS FIRST: Getting Started with Picture Perfect Th

Postby lawelles » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:19 pm

Hi Wayne,

I am having a similar problem to bwboles, above (#1).

On my MAC, I can see all of the page links that appear on the left side just fine.

On my windows laptop (old, 15" screen), I can't see past page #5. There seems to be no way to make them visible. Edit CSS? That will spoil the great look of the theme.

Thanks for any help.

**Edit**
I've looked all through the CSS and can't find where to edit the height. Firebug tells me that it's currently set at 100, so I was going to change it to 70 or 75. If I could find the code ;)
lawelles
I'm a regular

Postby myaggie2 » Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:52 am

Greetings. I think I get it, but when I click on the Picture Perfect page it is blank except for telling me to install the Page link to plugin, which I already did, and it is at the bottom of each page I create. Is my installation faulty?
myaggie2
I'm new here

Postby mneal » Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:49 pm

Not sure what I'm missing... I have done alll of the above, pictures are changed but the page names are not?? I have the latest versions, but can't get the page name to change...

Answer was - I need PHP version 5 installed on the server...
mneal
I'm new here

Next

Return to Announcements and General Support for Slidingdoor Themes