How to make it 2 columns?

Any questions about styling and customising the layout, changing the number of columns, changing the number of sliding images and so on.

Re: How to make it 2 columns?-Solved

Postby ckleiman » Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:46 pm

In addition to the CSS and Sidebar.php changes noted I found it necessary to create a page template. I used the "One column, no sidebar" template that comes with the latest version of this theme as a "template" to create a new one, which, I named "One wide column, right sidebar". There's a few more details that needed to be done, but, that's essentially it. You can view at http://www.asianproav.com

If anyone wants more info post here and I'll be happy to share.
ckleiman
I'm new here

Re: How to make it 2 columns?

Postby theodom » Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:50 am

Hi Ckleiman!

I have managed to follow previous instructions on how to get rid of the material in the left "column" but the body text wont spread as much to the left as I would have wanted.

Could you give me more thorough info on how to use the ,,template - way" you mention here???

Would be extremely thankful :)
theodom
I'm new here

Postby marianne » Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:27 pm

Since I'm new to wordpress and not good with html codes isn't there an easy way to insert a table into a page so that I have the page split in two and the both sides of the text are lined up? I need two seperate sections both equal.
thanks
marianne
I'm new here

Postby ckleiman » Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:15 pm

Look at the page.php in the editor. Now look at the onecolumn-page.php. The only difference is this: <?php get_sidebar(); ?>
So copy the onecolumn-page.php and rename to something else (I call mine twocolumn-page.php) and add <?php get_sidebar(); ?>
Also be sure to rename the template at the top of the page so it will appear in your Pages template drop down box. Assuming you made the changes to the CSS as detailed in this thread it should work.
ckleiman
I'm new here

Postby thgary » Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:16 am

Okay, I am having the same trouble as the previous poster, theodom.

I adjusted my style sheet to remove the primary sidebar which expanded by body text over to the left. However, there is a huge gap between the content and the right sidebar.

I read the final post, but I don't know where to enter the twocolumn-page.php information.
Do I do that in the actual one page area?
Where do I place the add <?php get_sidebar(); ?>
And then how do I rename it?
Will all of that somehow enable the content to spread out as it should?

Help! I'm so close to having my site in working order minus this one glitch.
thgary
I'm new here

Previous

Return to Advanced - Customising the theme