transparency

Any questions about styling and customising the layout, changing the number of columns, changing the number of sliding images and so on.

Re: transparency

Postby sloporto » Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:59 pm

@Chevrock - did you have find a fix for version 3.0.8? I'm in the same situation, just upgraded this theme and set a background image, however the body is pure white and would love to have that have a slight transparency to where I can just barely see the background image through it for a nice effect.

***Update***
Since I originally posted this, I used "Firebug" in Firefox to narrow down where the white background was being defined and it appears that "light.css" is overriding the wrapper from the "stylesheet.css". At the top of the "light.css" file there is a "#wrapper" section and I added the following line to create a subtle transparency.

background: rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.9);

So my "#wrapper" section now looks like this and appears to do what I want.

#wrapper {
background-color: #fff;
background: rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.9);
}

The only thing I noticed is that now some of the text is a little difficult to read depending on the browser. In IE9 it is not too bad, but Firefox it's a little too faded as the gray is fades too much so I'll have to mess with figuring out where that is defined and darken the font color.

Hope this helps others.
sloporto
Legend!

Previous

Return to Advanced - Customising the theme