8 images in your slide

Any questions about styling and customising the layout, changing the number of columns, changing the number of sliding images and so on.

8 images in your slide

Postby Pascool » Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:21 pm

Hey. First, sorry for my english... I try to be as clear as possible...

Use an FTP connection with your site, it's easier...

You have to rewrite 2 files. You can do that with the application like smultron or your prefered Text Editor Software.

1/ functions.php (in the "sliding-door" theme folder)
2/ imageMenu.css (in the "imagemenu" folder who is in the "sliding-door" theme folder)

So, download this 2 files on you computer.
First, make a copy of those two files before edit them. It's very important, because if you made a mistake, you can re-upload the old not modified file in their respectives folder.

1/ In the imageMenu.css, change the ligne 43 (it's the line of the width of the " #imageMenu ul li a ". IMPORTANT. Don't change another line...
By default, it's writte : width:133px;
To add one image on the slide, I writte 116px on the ligne 43 instead of 133px.
(I try with 114px, with115 px, but it made a slide to short for me. The good for me was 116px. When I put 117px, the 8th slide disappears.
Perhaps you have to try 114px, 115px or 116px ...
That's all for this file. Save it and upload it in the "imagemenu" folder who is in the "sliding-door" theme folder with your ftp connection.

2/ In the function.php file, you can see at the line 306 and 307 :
306 <li class=\"bk6\"><a href=\"http://XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX\" style=\"background: url('".$theme_url."/imagemenu/images/7.jpg') repeat scroll 0%;\">slidingdoor</a></li>
307 </ul>";
Well...
Add this line between the 306 and the 307:
<li class=\"bk7\"><a href=\"http://XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX\" style=\"background: url('".$theme_url."/imagemenu/images/8.jpg') repeat scroll 0%;\">slidingdoor</a></li>

So, now you have :
306 <li class=\"bk6\"><a href=\"XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX\" style=\"background: url('".$theme_url."/imagemenu/images/7.jpg') repeat scroll 0%;\">slidingdoor</a></li>
307 <li class=\"bk7\"><a href=\"XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX\" style=\"background: url('".$theme_url."/imagemenu/images/8.jpg') repeat scroll 0%;\">slidingdoor</a></li>
308 </ul>";
That's all for this file. Save it and upload it in the "sliding-door" theme folder with your ftp connection.

Don't forget to add an image (named : 8.jpg) in the image folder who is in the image "menufolder" of the "sliding-door" theme folder.

And that's all. Go to your site, refresh the page and agree this... ;)

See you

Pascal
Pascool
I'm new here

Return to Advanced - Customising the theme