Changing background color - I have read the guides

Any questions about styling and customising the layout, changing the number of columns, changing the number of sliding images and so on.

Changing background color - I have read the guides

Postby phodan » Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:40 pm

I installed a fresh instance of Word Press and then installed Sliding door. First, I "visited" the site to see what options I may want to change from the default installation.

I was a bit surprised to see that the default style was a white background with black text so I went to the customize tab and changed the background to black as a test - nothing happened. Then I came here and read the customization guide and looked for the background-color tags within the style.css - it was not there.

At this point, I'm confused as I thought the default was black background with white text - considering there is a checkbox to change it to a light style (white background with black text)

Can someone provide some guidance please?
phodan
I'm new here

Re: Changing background color - I have read the guides

Postby wayne » Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:55 am

Uncheck the checkbox again.
wayne
Site Admin

Re: Changing background color - I have read the guides

Postby natcm » Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:54 pm

I had this problem too. I have been using the Sliding Doors theme for a while, with great success, but when I updated to the latest version, the background colour changed from black to white and the header text changed from white to black. I couldn't work out how to change it back, as the "Light Theme Colours" box was unchecked anyway.

After reading this question, I checked the "Light Theme Colours" box - nothing changed - and then I unchecked it again. This time it changed back to black and the header text changed back to white.

Apart from this little blip I think the theme is fantastic and I've had no major problems with it.
natcm
I'm new here

Return to Advanced - Customising the theme