Slidingdoor FAQ - Read this FIRST!

Any questions about styling and customising the layout, changing the number of columns, changing the number of sliding images and so on.

Re: Slidingdoor FAQ - Read this FIRST!

Postby gaily » Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:58 pm

Hi Wayne,

I really like your theme!

I am having problem with uploading images. I tried uploading in media library or straght from the computer but it come out blank box with small symbol in wordpress and on the website. When i press edit image to crop or resize i can see the picture.

I have used wordpress before and i never have this problem. Do you have any advice?

Gail
gaily
I'm new here

Postby OOsteve » Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:49 pm

WAYNE - MASSIVE HELP NEEDED! please read!!

I have stupidly changed my URL in the general settings, of which i have sliding doors theme and now i cant log into or have any access to my website.
I dont know if you can help with this. Please let me know.

Thanks!!

steve
OOsteve
I'm new here

Postby fancy » Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:44 pm

For quite some time I have been having a problem with the Picture Perfect theme. My comments are not showing up after they have been submitted. I have been trying to get some assistance for quite a few months but I don't get any answers. Is there anyone here who can help? Please and thanx.
fancy
I'm a regular

Postby Alice » Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:31 am

can anybody tell how to change word HOME to same but in different language (I need to change it to Главная)? I can't manage it.
I guess it's in Header but nothing works...
Alice
I'm new here

Postby visualed » Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:11 pm

Ive configured the theme. I did all the steps: menu - create a post, feauted image (320 x 200). LInks are ok but there's no image... all is black... what can i do?
visualed
I'm new here

Postby Confused » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:44 am

Been through the sections re changing the image and text for the sliding doors. Created 7 pages, Created Menu but then cannot add pages to menu. Accidentally discovered that a Post Category (experimenting with features) could be added to a Menu which then became the image for the sliding doors. However, this also listed the Categories where I would normally expect to see HOME, ABOUT etc headers...
Love the style but my head is starting to hurt....
Confused
I'm new here

Showing Comments

Postby slindsay » Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:40 am

I would like my subscribers to engage more and I think if they could see their comments that would help. Right now after each post it just has the word comments and then a number. HOw do I make it so they show up right after the post?
slindsay
I'm new here

Slide Menus/Links

Postby jsmoak » Sat May 05, 2012 12:48 am

Hi All - I'm stumped. I'm not a WP newbie, and I've followed the directions on how to change the links of the slides to a T (pasted below), as well as every variant that I can think of, and I still can't get the Sliding image links to change correctly. When I follow these directions, the links do change and go to the menu I created, but all the images disappear. The image "containers" seem to be there, because I still get the sliding action on mouse over, however, they are black with white borders, making them look empty.

Does this theme require a fresh build without any existing user generated pages and/or content?

ANY help would be much appreciated!!!

Jim

VERSION 2.6 and later: THE MENU'S ARE NOW SET UP USING THE BUILT-IN CUSTOM MENUS

1. Go into Appearance - Menus
2. Create a New menu and add 7 Pages to it.
3. A new dropdown will appear on the left called 'Sliding Navigation' Select your new menu here.

UPDATE: I have figured out how the issue above by wading through the functions.php file. HOWEVER, I'm now trying to take this from a 3 column to a 2 column design, and I find nowhere in the admin tool to do that. I will open a new post on this topic.
jsmoak
I'm new here

Postby thedark » Sun May 13, 2012 2:50 pm

Hi,

I tried to change the images in the slider menu but it does not change, I followed the instructions in the FAQ.

It says about going to pages and set the features images.

Please help.

Thank you
thedark
I'm new here

Postby wayne » Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:51 pm

thedark wrote:I tried to change the images in the slider menu but it does not change, I followed the instructions in the FAQ.

I've posted a link to a pictorial guide, check out the FAQ again now.
wayne
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Advanced - Customising the theme