Remove URLs from banners

Any questions about styling and customising the layout, changing the number of columns, changing the number of sliding images and so on.

Remove URLs from banners

Postby csk79 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:23 am

I don't want to set the banners to go to any url. I simply want to disable the url from even appearing.

I read the READ ME of the theme.

The images by default point to the first 7 wordpress categories. You can change this to point them wherever you wish, but you will need to edit the header.php file. The URL for the first image is in line 47 of the header.php file. Line 48 contains the link for the second image and so on.

I have looked through header.php multiple times. I can not reference this.
csk79
I'm new here

Re: Remove URLs from banners

Postby csk79 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:12 am

Update. Opened functions.php

<li class="bk1"><a href="#">Our Pricing</a></li>
<li class="bk2"><a href="#">Low Overhead</a></li>
<li class="bk3"><a href="#">The Factory</a></li>
<li class="bk4"><a href="#">Mattress Materials</a></li>
<li class="bk5"><a href="#">Mattress Warranty</a></li>
<li class="bk6"><a href="#">Forms of Payment</a></li>
<li class="bk7"><a href="#">Our Showroom</a></li>

When I remove the <a href=""></a>, the banner goes away. As in, <li class="bk1"></li>

Any ideas? It's like a link has to be there. Confused.
csk79
I'm new here

Postby sloporto » Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:18 am

Did you ever get this fixed/figured out? I have issues with the slider too in the new version of the theme and can't get an answer off the forum postings nor from Wayne after sending a direct email. There seems to be no support for this theme.

In the older version this was all controlled in the header.php file and it was a simple change to the li items, but now in the new version things have been moved and changed. It appears that listing is now in the functions.php file but what I find now is if I change it nothing happens.

My problem is that the page titles are showing up on the images in the slider - I don't want this.

I've been able to change the images, reduce the displayed images from 7 to 6 and resize the width of the slider to compensate for the reduced images. But what I can't seem to figure out is how to stop the page titles from showing up at the top of each image in the slider in this latest theme. Anyone know how to do this????
sloporto
Legend!

Postby csk79 » Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:57 am

Any update on this? I can't figure it out.

The slider has page titles in the top left corner of each banner. I want to remove the page titles and links to each page, so only the banner shows. I figured out how to go to /themes/sliding-door/imagemenu and edit the css files. I see the code to display WHITE links and when I make the font size really small like "0", I get little dots in place of the titles. Just changing the size of the font won't work. How do I completely remove the page title from appearing in sliders?

http://tinyurl.com/blushab
csk79
I'm new here

Return to Advanced - Customising the theme