Note to users of Picture Perfect Theme

Everything else!

Re: READ THIS FIRST: Getting Started with Picture Perfect Th

Postby dgraham » Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:59 pm

Hey there. I activated the Picture Perfect theme for my Wordpress blog. However I am having the problem that the pictures will not link to my pages. I initially created seven pages and nothing linked. Then I created an eighth page and still nothing linked. I have created seven pages, not posts. And attached an image of my dashboard showing seven pages are made. Can you tell give me further instruction. Is there more that I can do to try to connect the images to my pages. Thanks.
Attachments
pagesexample01.jpg
pagesexample01.jpg (16.61 KiB) Viewed 11876 times
dgraham
I'm new here

READ THIS FIRST: Getting Started with Picture Perfect Theme

Postby antelmo » Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:22 am

My side panel is not working

I created 7 pages and Picture perfect is not working.

I am running Wordpress 3.1 in my server, does it work there?

If not is there a way Can just hard link the side panel to a URL.?

I am building a word press site using your theme, which by the way is amazing.
antelmo
I'm new here

Postby bfleury » Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:40 pm

Hi, okay call me kookie but, I can't seem to figure out this changing pictures for the sliding doors. I've created all seven pages, but don't see any "The 'Page links to' entry down the bottom" and I also can't seem to find the folder which is stated in posts above, "wp-content/themes/slidingsdoor/imagemenu/images directory".

I've downloaded this theme directly from the wordpress site, therefore, I don't have these files on my harddrive. Is there a trick to getting to them?

Am I missing something?

I am at beckyfleury.com

Tx!!!
bfleury
I'm new here

Postby workok » Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:48 am

This was a great theme,
All worked great until the last update.

No Pic's showing.
No place to set the fixed address for the pics and links.

I am not using post just page's

Did rate this 10 out of 10 now for me a weekend of rebuilding my site with a new theme. New rating 1 out of 10.

Let me know when you put the text file back so I can just put in the address for the header links in myself.

Very unhappy that it has been taken away from me. :cry: posting.php?mode=reply&f=10&t=629&sid=3288a01d78b00c4322f2704840479224#
workok
I'm new here

Postby gpullen » Tue May 17, 2011 8:44 pm

hello. beautiful yet elusive...

I have been messing with this for about five hours and I think it's time to give it a break. (I spent time shopping for photos, but decided not to purchase anything until I could get the thing to work. I'm getting a little smarter as I age!)

I have successfully changed 7 photos to the correct files size and uploaded them.

I have created 7 pages and set those photos as the 'featured' photo, but they are only visible on the page dashboard.

I now have an unwanted navigation bar I can't get rid of and when I tried setting up a new menu it deleted the slider photos altogether so I deleted the menu and it came back but it's still the default images/titles you set up the theme with.

I don't understand your instructions but I am absolutely certain I have given it my best shot.

1) when you say to link the page at the bottom - I don't understand why or where
2) when you say to upload the photos using this filepath I don't know where to insert it since I am hosting this site with www.extrememember.com and I can't use ftp to upload files as far as I know.

please advise. thank you gabrielle
wp-content/themes/slidingsdoor/imagemenu/images
gpullen
I'm new here

Re: Picture Perfect - The basics for posting on individual p

Postby superlg » Thu May 19, 2011 12:15 am

I'm very new to wordpress and website stuff in general.
I've managed to add 7 pages and I know how to changes the pictures on the sliding headers of each page of picture perfect.

Hi snapper,
I need you to tell me please how you changed the pictures in header of sliding door I'm with version 1.8.7
thank you.

superlg
superlg
I'm new here

How do I get the 2.6.1 (sliding) menus to work in GoDaddy?

Postby moto7 » Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:27 pm

Am using 2.6.1 Uploaded the app successfully to GoDaddy, but the functions aren't working. GoDaddy had a super old version (1.3.3) which said no menu options worked at all.

How do I get the menus to work in GoDaddy's site (see attached). I want to create one top level menu that says: Books, then add sub menus that link to separate pages. Can someone provide the file names WP > themes > et cetera > et cetera

I have attached a picture of the GoDaddy menu page for Sliding windows:
They give you two menus and no option for adding pages. The name "pages" is there but it doesn't link to anything: it is static. If someone can give me the name of a pages file, where to find it and where to put in my directory folders, maybe that would work???

I am trying to add books as a menu option (next to "home). I thought I would be able to make each sliding window a link to a new page. I create the menu name on the left hand side (see attached photo), save menu, but the word "books" doesn't show up anywhere on the live menu. The only menu is "home".
Attachments
WP_menu.jpg
WP_menu.jpg (16.08 KiB) Viewed 11644 times
moto7
I'm new here

Postby stockman » Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:35 am

I am having problems understanding where to put the FTP of the images I want to use on the menu and also I noticed I don't have the Theme option in the menu to select the "slider" - is something hosed?
stockman
I'm new here

Postby sherab » Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:12 pm

I must be VERY dim because I can't find "wp-content/themes/slidingsdoor/imagemenu/images directory" to upload and change the background pictures of the sliders.

This is making me crazy, can someone help.

Very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance
sherab
I'm new here

Postby Clea » Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:54 am

Did this issue get resolved?

***with the new widescreen monitors that come with PCs these days, the bottom (#7) image is not on the screen***
Clea
I'm new here

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements and General Support for Slidingdoor Themes