Slidingdoor FAQ - Read this FIRST!

Everything else!

Re: Slidingdoor FAQ - Read this FIRST!

Postby Cateo » Tue May 10, 2011 2:13 am

Hi everyone.
So I am trying to upload my photoshop images to my sliders but when I upload an image to my pages there is no option for Featured Image. I thought it was supposed to show up as an option after I uploaded, but there is only Save Changes and Delete at the bottom of the window. Is there another way to set the slider images?

I'm sure there is an easy solution, I'm just too frustrated right now! Thanks for the help
Cateo
I'm new here

Postby dirkmuis » Mon May 16, 2011 6:06 pm

Hi Wayne,

I was just playing around with the slidingdoor theme.
At the moment the result is not that bad, but I was wondering if I could remove the default wordpress menu (so only use the images).

example: www.muijsenberg.eu/reisverslagen
dirkmuis
I'm new here

Postby dirkmuis » Mon May 16, 2011 6:12 pm

By the way, I just noticed that the order in the second menu is different than in the image slider.
So maybe my question should be: how can I get different pages in the slider than in the 'default' navigation pane.

In my case I would make a couple of pages with sub pages and than use the "Page-links-to" plugin to add a couple of highlights which I connect to the image slider.
dirkmuis
I'm new here

Postby wayne » Wed May 18, 2011 1:26 pm

[
Cateo wrote:Hi everyone.
So I am trying to upload my photoshop images to my sliders but when I upload an image to my pages there is no option for Featured Image. I thought it was supposed to show up as an option after I uploaded, but there is only Save Changes and Delete at the bottom of the window. Is there another way to set the slider images?

bottom of right column of page admin screen:

attachment=0]Screen shot 2011-05-18 at 11.25.30 PM.png[/attachment]
Attachments
Screen shot 2011-05-18 at 11.25.30 PM.png
Screen shot 2011-05-18 at 11.25.30 PM.png (6.97 KiB) Viewed 23114 times
wayne
Site Admin

sliders for all pages

Postby remibeni » Wed May 18, 2011 5:01 pm

Hello,

I did find a post that explained a way for creating a slider for all pages but could not locate the code or page where the changes needed to be made.

If someone could offer some additional guidance, if would be appreciated.

My Goal: I have created 7 pages with multiple sub pages. I would like the slider to show a image slider for all pages but am only getting the main page image on the slider.

thanks
remibeni
I'm new here

Re: Sliding Doors Them

Postby superlg » Wed May 18, 2011 11:35 pm

aah wrote:I already know how to change the pictures and labels for the sliders, but I do not want them to link to another page. I want them to be static.

I 'm just starting and need some help, please maybe you can explain me how to change the pictures for the sliders in 1.8.7 version???
superlg
I'm new here

Postby MamaV » Wed May 25, 2011 2:42 pm

Can this theme be used with WP version 3.1.2? Just want to be sure - would love to use this one!
MamaV
I'm new here

Postby westside » Thu May 26, 2011 10:57 pm

hey guys
first of all, Wayne your theme is amazing!!!

second of all, i want to learn how to add spacing between the sliding images and the text to the left and the right. I just want some spacing after the sliding doors.
http://www.schluterblog.com/

thank you
westside
I'm a regular

Connecting Pages to Catagories to Posts to Links?

Postby goodnews » Fri May 27, 2011 3:10 am

I tried to go to menu and select 7 catagories then to posts and put a post in each catagory adding a photo as feature photo on each post. The images stayed black. So I then used PAGES, added a photo as feature photo and images showed up on slider. However now none of my posts show up under the page when you select the photo. In wordpress posts are attached to catagories but I want those catagories to show up when the image is clicked, not just a page that I can't add new posts to. That way all the posts I type under the catagory will appear by the click of the image, see my website http://goodnews.eprofits.com ...This would work if I could put catagories under the menu, and posts under each catagory with a feature photo, then when visitors click the photo they will see all the posts under that topic. This idea works on many other sites, what do I need to do to make it work on mine. Also how do I get links to post to a specific page not just my home page. I want music links under my page hence my music photo on the slider I want music posts to come up when that photo is clicked also. I am stuck on how to do this and can't continue uploading links and having them appear in the wrong place therefore cannot proceede with the productivity of my site until this issue is resolved or if it is not possible with this theme please let me know. Does anyone have the same theme on there site that I can take a look at? Please if you know how to connect pages to catagories, posts, and links or any of these 3 to specific pages PLEASE HELP.
goodnews
I'm new here

Re: 2 column layout

Postby swifty » Sat May 28, 2011 3:43 pm

have looked at both recommended posts on changing to a 2 column layout in the FAQ
both posts go back a while, the latest post in both were early 2009.

Now the 1st post says :
There are 3 places where absolute and relative are used in the stylesheet.

#wrapper - remove the relative line here
#content .post - remove the relative line here

#content .post-details - remove the absolute line on this one.

I can find the first part (#wrapper)
but the 2 others aren't anywhere in my css.

the 2nd post states:
Re: How to Increase Content block, remove right sidebar

Postby AreenMarie » Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:21 am
Here's what I've done to move the post details to the bottom of the post, and then widen the available post space.

Use Edit Themes, Select Stylesheet
Scroll down until you find: #content.post{

#content .post {
float: left;
position: relative;
// width: 640px;
width: 750px;

}

Comment out the original width of 640px (I don't believe in deleting good code. Comment out the code just in case it doesn't work.)
Add "width: 750px;"

Scroll down until you find: #content .post-details {

#content .post-details {
// bottom: 20px;
// position: absolute;
// right: 0px;
// width: 120px;
padding: 12px;

}

Comment out the original bottom:, position:, right:, and width:, settings.
Add "padding: 12px;"

again, cant find these entries.

So what I want to know is how much has the new theme css changed and how can I make it so that the column (2nd sidebar i beleive) on the right is gone? All I want is the sidebar and the main post area.

Bear in mind i'm a complete idiot when it comes to css. lol
swifty
I'm a regular

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements and General Support for Slidingdoor Themes