Slidingdoor FAQ - Read this FIRST!

Everything else!

Re: Slidingdoor FAQ - Read this FIRST!

Postby swifty » Sat May 28, 2011 3:56 pm

Never mind, found it!!

after spending all morning trawling the forums, i find it within 5 mins of posting my question.

For all who want to remove the right side bar:

From style.css: remove
Code: Select all
#container {
margin-left: 220px;
margin-right: 220px;

To this:

#container {
margin-left: 220px;
//margin-right: 220px;
margin-right: 0px;

from sidebar.php remove

Code: Select all
<div id="sidebar2" class="widget-area" role="complementary">
<ul class="xoxo">
<?php if ( ! dynamic_sidebar( 'secondary-widget-area' ) ) : ?>

<li class="widget-container">
<h3 class="widget-title"><?php _e( 'Categories', 'slidingdoor' ); ?></h3>
<ul>
<?php
wp_list_categories(array('title_li' => ''));
?>
</ul>
</li>

<?php endif;
?>
</ul>
</div><!-- #secondary .widget-area -->

:D
swifty
I'm a regular

Postby Cateo » Mon May 30, 2011 3:58 pm

I wish it was that easy, but there is NO featured image box in the right corner of my page admin screen, nor is it an option after uploading my photos. Any other suggestions?
Cateo
I'm new here

Postby jugoretz » Tue May 31, 2011 3:52 pm

Cateo wrote:I wish it was that easy, but there is NO featured image box in the right corner of my page admin screen, nor is it an option after uploading my photos. Any other suggestions?

If you don't see the featured image box at all, you might have to go to "Screen Options" on the upper right of the edit page screen. If the checkbox for Featured Image is not selected there, the Featured Image box will not appear. Sometimes it's as simple as that.
jugoretz
I'm a regular

Postby Ciaran07 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:08 pm

let me get this right - to use sliding doors to get a graphic look you need to learn css and php script. without out it you can't manipulate the theme.
Ciaran07
I'm new here

Postby zel02 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:54 am

Hello Everyone,

I actually follow your steps here:

" How do I change the URL that the sliding doors link to?

VERSION 2.6 and later: THE MENU'S ARE NOW SET UP USING THE BUILT-IN CUSTOM MENUS

1. Go into Appearance - Menus
2. Create a New menu and add 7 Pages or Categories to it.
3. A new dropdown will appear on the left called 'Sliding Navigation' Select your new menu here."

But whenever, I add the menu under the sliding navigation, the picture will disappear.

Pls guide me.

Thanks
zel02
I'm new here

Postby zel02 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:44 am

zel02 wrote:Hello Everyone,

I actually follow your steps here:

" How do I change the URL that the sliding doors link to?

VERSION 2.6 and later: THE MENU'S ARE NOW SET UP USING THE BUILT-IN CUSTOM MENUS

1. Go into Appearance - Menus
3. A new dropdown will appear on the left called 'Sliding Navigation' Select your new menu here."

But whenever, I add the menu under the sliding navigation, the picture will disappear.

Pls guide me.

Thanks

Solve the problem already by changing the link inside the functions.php
zel02
I'm new here

Postby sheakins » Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:30 pm

How can you add a category to a menu? you can add a page or a post or a custom tag, but I see no way to add a category other than to add the URL as a custom link. But anyway, how can you link an image to a category?

I want 6 of the 7 sliding images to link to pages (no problem with that) and 1 to link to a category so it will always show the latest posts in that category.

I think it was easy with the 1.6 version - here's an example here that does ecatly what I want http://christafaust.net/ - first sliding image opens to http://christafaust.net/?cat=1 and all the rest open to pages. That's exactly what I want.

Temporarily I've linked it to a post and I know I could use a redirect. But there must be another way. Can someone tell me what I'm missing here.
Thanks
sheakins
I'm a regular

Postby Cateo » Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:50 pm

@jugoretz. Man, I tried using the screen options tab as well and no Featured Image box appears. I know this must be simple....but I am just getting frustrated! Does anyone else have suggestions about how to add a featured image if there is no option for FI when I upload a photo nor is it in the right hand corner of my Pages Admin screen?
Cateo
I'm new here

Postby rusty » Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:35 pm

OK hello theme creator and theme users.....now i am a newbie somewhat...i have created a website and now know how to use WP properly....now that i got familiar i thought i would use this theme it was the one i wanted first but i was still to fresh.....I have read and read and read. now maybe i am being daft but i can not get the images on slider changed.. so i have created the menu with 7 pages. got the page link to plugin. have images that are proper size. then gone into page and went to set featured image. i get there i can upload pic to media gallery but i can't click on the show button to insert....the other odd thing is i can see anything i type on the page in the body part.....is there anyone out there that can give a step by step guide or point me to one... i am pulling my hair out at this point...thanks
rusty
Legend!

Postby pr3da70r » Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:35 am

Hi,

I understand the process that goes into creating a page and using featured images etc for the slidingdoor theme. I'm trying to set up menus with external custom links, however. How can I set images for these external links?

Help would be greatly appreciated. I love this theme! No others even come close.
pr3da70r
I'm new here

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements and General Support for Slidingdoor Themes