Firebug and Novoedit

Everything else!

Firebug and Novoedit

Postby jrw100 » Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:15 pm

I love the sliding door theme. I am in the process of building a website for my wife and her new craft business. I am new to web design, but working through most of the issues I find. I have come across one that has me stumped for now. I am trying to make the left sidebar a little wider, from 182px to 200px. If I make the change in firebug, it appears on the site correctly. But when I go to another page, it goes back to 182. I went into Novoedit and changed it to 200. I saved it and then went back to firebug and it still shows 182. When I reopen the file in Novoedit it still shows the value of 200. How can I get the change I made in Novoedit and get it to stick?
jrw100
Legend!

Re: Firebug and Novoedit

Postby jrw100 » Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:45 pm

I have tried to make another change. Changing the font for the "site description". I made the change in Novoedit and saved it. When I open the style.css file, the change is there, but when I open the page, it is not. When I look at it with firebug, it is not there. I used the editor built into the dashboard, under appearances, and when I get to the line, mu change is there.

How do I get the page to read the updated css file?
jrw100
Legend!

Postby jrw100 » Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:49 pm

I think I figured this one out. I deactivated the theme, then activated it again. Now the changes made in the style.css file are present. :D
jrw100
Legend!

Postby jrw100 » Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:03 pm

Still having problems. I changed the primary font for the headers to Lucida Calligraphy. When I look at the style.css file with Novoedit, the change is there. When I go to the website it is not. I restarted the servers, deactivated and activated the theme. logged out and back in. Still no luck. How do I get the page to red the new css file?
jrw100
Legend!

Return to Announcements and General Support for Slidingdoor Themes