Sliding Door Latest Version available for download!

Everything else!

Re: New Sliding Door Version available for download!

Postby quepasa » Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:35 am

Sorry, me again.
I could not sleep the whole night realizing that my work of many months is now gone.
Also my adjusted css-files and everything.
I must say that I am a non-professional "web designer", the mother of a little baby, who spent so much of the little free time I had on my unemployed husbands page so that he can start his foto business. And now only 2 weeks of my parental "free" time are left over, and I don't know with which theme to start now from zero. I am more than frustrated.
Please tell me if you will provide the fromer version, or make the page titles appear as picture menu titles like before.
If not I will have to start looking for a new theme right now, time is running. I could cry out loud.
quepasa
I'm new here

Postby julio » Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:26 am

Hi, Waine.
I`m new to Sling Door and Word press;
I just want to say thank for your work is great, i love the sliding door theme.
I defenily will be making some donations (i will be making some sites for people here so, ithink is only fair to share the $ :D )
one more time thanks.
julio
I'm new here

Postby wayne » Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:55 am

I've uploaded ALL the old versions here:

https://public.me.com/wayneiphone

so pick the one that you need!
wayne
Site Admin

Postby quepasa » Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:40 am

Hello Wayne,

thank you so much!

I must thank you also in general for the great theme!
I was searching for a better one, but I cannot find one...

In the mean time I was playing around with the new version to see what I can do with my page ... still not sure whether to use it or the old version...

Just a few comments on the current version:
positive:
+ it is nicer from "look and feel" compared to the old version
+ it is easier to set up.
+ the menues are easy to arrange user defined, very good!
negative:
- it does not support multilanguage in the sliding menu as the menu item names are fixed in the jpgs ;-(
- the header /page name + slogan) does not appear central. Or at least the slogan. It looks strange...
- the featured image does also appear in my foto gallery. This is strange also. I only wanted the featured image to be in the sliding menu, and not with the gallery pics on that page.

I hope this helps for more improvement ;-)!

Best regard
Agi
quepasa
I'm new here

Postby uclgn » Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:33 pm

Upon updating to the latest version of Sliding Door and going back to recustomize, I went into theme functions and went to plug in the pages for the images in the menu to link to (though I now realize that it's easier in the new version), but it instantly shut my site down and now I can't even log in to wordpress. This snippet pops up:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING, expecting ',' or ';' in /home/content/66/7278066/html/wp-content/themes/sliding-door/functions.php on line 205

Is there a way I can get the original functions code?

Please help!!
uclgn
I'm new here

Postby dbsteph0 » Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:35 am

I have been trying to link the images in the slider to the pages. on http://www.battle-mgmt.com/test/

I have tried to edit the function.php, header.php, also, on having the featured image...( can not get it to work)
please help! is the only resort going to be child frames?
dbsteph0
I'm a regular

Postby uclgn » Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:53 pm

Everything looks great in a smaller screen, but when enlarged on a larger monitor, columns become jumbled. Any suggestions? Site ishttp://lagrandenaturally.com.
uclgn
I'm new here

Re: categories/pages links

Postby caplife1 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:22 am

hi Wayne,firstof all, thanks for a great product.
i'm fairly new to this, so learning things as i go along.

i tried to search for the answer on your faq but it seems there's nothing on it, so forgive me if i missed it.

anyways, i would like to have my homepage similar to your theme, i.e. the categories or pages to be only linked via the pictures on the main slider.

i seem to have done all that, but now i have the text/links repeated below the images (as you can see here: http://www.privileged-life.co.uk), and i don't know how to delete them!

if i delete them on the menu page, it deletes the images. and ultimately all i want is the pictures to link to the relevant pages and for the categories (under the slider) to link to static pages, like contact us or about us.

can you or anyone else help/advise? really need to get cracking with this site so any help will be appreciated.

thank you
caplife1
I'm new here

Postby vvelkom » Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:47 pm

Theme class. I thank, Wayne.
There is a question:
How instead of a page template "One column, no sidebar" to make page with one sidebar (as in "the old" version of a theme)?
Thankful in advance!
vvelkom
I'm a regular

Postby lisa » Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:50 am

Hi! I'm looking for the newest PICTURE PERFECT Version for download that is compatible with WordPress 3. Can you direct me to find it?
Thanks!
lisa
I'm new here

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements and General Support for Slidingdoor Themes