Sorry to ask but does anyone ever answer any of these posts?

Everything else!

Sorry to ask but does anyone ever answer any of these posts?

Postby rwgraphc » Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:14 pm

I have noticed most of the people that are asking questions about broken functionality or unclear wording in instructions are never answered. Does anyone ever answer these questions? I really like this theme but with the lack of support if something is broken is worrisome. Please advise. Do I need to do something different to get an answer? I asked a question early in June and have received no answers either. Like I say, I like this theme and I don't want to offend with this question. Thanks All.
rwgraphc
I'm new here

Re: Sorry to ask but does anyone ever answer any of these po

Postby krickets » Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:16 pm

That is a good question. I have followed this board for a while. I am only familiar with sliding door theme and have tried to offer help when I can. My answers to your question are only MY opinions and not of the moderator,Wayne. I can only speculate but I will give it a shot.
#1 the themes works as written and the proof is the numerous people who have made web pages for a few years with them
#2 When someone goes into the files and changes things they are on their own. It is assumed if someone can change a file they also can reverse or repair what they changed.
#3 if a plug in or word press update messes up the site it would be difficult to explain every repair that wasn't this pages fault.
#3 Picture Perfect appears to be a little more difficult than the sliding door theme and requires more setting up time.
#4 These are free pages and the only motivation for more support would be more donations. Maybe no one donates??
Again these are only my thoughts and not of the moderator.

I have found the best way to make repairs is to use firebug or Google element and compare my site with a working site to see where my code differs. I use sliding door and have never looked into Picture Perfect. Sorry about your frustration.
www.krickettsbooks.com
krickets
Legend!

Postby krickets » Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:19 pm

One more thing. I think Wayne has moved to another job (ministry) that takes up more of his time. I am only reading between the lines but I assume that is why he is not here 24/7
krickets
Legend!

Postby rwgraphc » Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:20 pm

I appreciate your answer. I truly don't expect him or anyone here 24/7. It just seems that 99% of the questions in the threads go unanswered. My original question about why my "navigation menu" tab never showed up after I made my 7 item menu is my own personal example. I truly like this theme, I would just like for it to work. I have noticed one other person with the same problem but they were never answered either. I am making due without that functionality by adding my own pictures to the img folder and going on from there without the "navigation menu" tab present. Thanks again for at least letting me know that someone does live on this forum.
rwgraphc
I'm new here

Postby wayne » Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:21 pm

I read the posts fairly often but questions that can be answered by someone who has used the theme I generally leave.

I'm hoping people who have used the theme can benefit those who are having trouble by taking the time to help someone out in a similar way they themselves were helped.

People who need help are usually absolute wordpress beginners, or people trying to mod the theme.
wayne
Site Admin

Postby DBuggy » Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:18 am

rwgraphc wrote:I have noticed most of the people that are asking questions about broken functionality or unclear wording in instructions are never answered. Does anyone ever answer these questions? I really like this theme but with the lack of support if something is broken is worrisome. Please advise. Do I need to do something different to get an answer? I asked a question early in June and have received no answers either. Like I say, I like this theme and I don't want to offend with this question. Thanks All.

Same thought crossed my mind more than once. :lol: I would probably learn more and faster if the search function on this forum actually worked. Every time I try and do a search it says;

"Sorry but you cannot use search at this time. Please try again in a few minutes."

It says that EVERY time I try a search. Make it difficult. :cry:
DBuggy
Legend!

Postby wayne » Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:26 pm

I think the search is fixed now???
wayne
Site Admin

Postby wayne » Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:37 pm

krickets wrote:One more thing. I think Wayne has moved to another job (ministry) that takes up more of his time. I am only reading between the lines but I assume that is why he is not here 24/7

I'm here about once a month! (I've answered 613 questions!)

I think 90% of people's questions are quite simple and anyone else who has used the theme can answer therm - and from my observations most questions do get answered - just not by me! So thanks to all who answer those questions.

Most problems are because people don't read the instructions properly OR they have a bad plugin enabled, OR they have changed something without a proper knowledge of php or html which is a great way to learn, but does take time to work out, and hard to trouble shoot remotely.

Wayne
wayne
Site Admin

Return to Announcements and General Support for Slidingdoor Themes