Removing Meta/Login etc..

Any questions about styling and customising the layout, changing the number of columns, changing the number of sliding images and so on.

Removing Meta/Login etc..

Postby DBuggy » Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:50 am

Ok, I have been trying to remove what I assumed was a widget but without success and I don't know where to find it in the code or which page of code it's in. The only way I seem to be able to get rid of it is to drag a different widget into the primary widget box. Is that just the way it is?

Next question is about removing this "posted by admin" thing. I have deleted the comment but the posting date etc.. is still there. I only wish things posted under my username, not admin.

3rd and final thing.... is there a way to get rid of the "Powered by Wordpress and Sliding Door theme." at the bottom of the page? Is it even allowed?

Really enjoying the sliding doors theme and wordpress but it's been a very steep learning curve and I have scrapped it all and started from scratch about 4 times now because of my screw ups. lol. Not adding any content this time until I have some of these issues sorted. Also, The search function on this forum doesn't seem to work, is it just me?

Thanks in advance for any help. I expect Wayne has a full time job and rarely gets on here so I am hoping someone experienced can help. :D

Our site is: http://www.stukat.net (for anyone interested)

problem.jpg
problem.jpg (15.66 KiB) Viewed 3095 times
DBuggy
Legend!

Re: Removing Meta/Login etc..

Postby wayne » Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:42 pm

sidebar.php
footer.php
page.php

edit them by deleting stuff. Make a backup first for when it goes wrong.
wayne
Site Admin

Return to Advanced - Customising the theme