Sliding Door 3.0 released!

Everything else!

Sliding Door 3.0 released!

Postby wayne » Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:24 pm

The latest version of Sliding door is always available at:

http://wordpress.org/extend/themes/sliding-door

I have just put version 3 up.

Changes:
- It automatically checks for page-links-to plugin and prompts you to install it if it's not there.
- It has a 'light' theme colour option - you can check a box to choose white or black.
- Custom header image option which replaces title text with your own image of any size.
- Incorporated option to leave a sliding door open according to what page you are on. (Enabled with a check box)
- Links are blue not purple, and some other minor changes.
- Fixed bug where main content sometimes spilled over into the sidebars.
wayne
Site Admin

Re: Sliding Door 3.0 released!

Postby Chi » Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:37 am

I have a dumb question, i have 2.6.1 if i update to 3.0 will i lose all the work i have done? It warns me that any customizations I have done will be lost. I will not update till I get a response from someone who knows more about this than me.

thank you.
:D
Chi
I'm new here

Postby wayne » Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:53 am

1. If by 'customisations' you mean setting up the sliding door featured images and setting up menus from the wordpress admin, none of that will be changed with the upgrade.

2. If by 'customisations' you mean you have been editing a child theme to modify php css etc, then the customisations should not be changed with the upgrade.

3. If you have edited the themes actual files by hand, then you should definitely NOT upgrade or you will lose all your changes.

TO BE CAUTIOUS... you can edit the name of the first line of the current theme in style.css to be something different (Eg '/*Theme Name: Sliding Door - Mine') then you can install the new theme ALONGSIDE the old one and switch back and forth between the old and new untill you are happy that the new one works.

There is nothing wrong with the older versions, so are probably better not to update it unless particularly need one of the new features.

Wayne
wayne
Site Admin

Postby izi » Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:55 am

I have a problem with 3.0 breaking the functionality of a popular NextGen plugin called Scroll Gallery.

Scroll gallery has a feature that lets you change the plain borders of NextGen galleries. For examples:

http://ningishzidda.com/m1thr0s-2/

The top gallery, which is a Scroll Gallery function gets the effect: rounded corners with a black glowy frame. The lower one which is a plain old NextGen Gallery function doesn't anymore when you click on it. (The image is surrounded by the normal NextGen thin grey line)

Worse, when you click the link that says "show as slideshow" it only cycles through 3 images and ignores the rest.

The only thing that has changed is the upgrade to SD 3.0 this morning. I can't understand why it is making it behave this way.
izi
I'm new here

Postby Sakecat » Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:48 am

I also use nextgen gallery and i am not having this problem it is most likely your secondary plugin. disable then re enable it uninstall and then try to reinstall. If that dose not work I would search for a different plugin for next gen. you may also want to see if your options in the plugins Menue did not get reset. All obvious I know but its work checking first.
Sakecat
Legend!

Postby DBuggy » Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:19 am

I have a problem with the latest version in another area. It has interfered with the text in two areas. Where I had a bulleted list, the text went black and was only visible on the published site when highlighted with the mouse, and the same goes for "part" of the text in the secondary widget area where my "Recent Comments" widget is. For the unordered/ bulleted list I have just put it back to text only and changed the font to italic to make it stand out a little but I have no clue what to do about the widget area. :?
DBuggy
Legend!

Postby wayne » Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:01 am

my bad, just updated a fix for this 3.0.5

sliding-door.zip
(301.82 KiB) Downloaded 437 times

Wayne
wayne
Site Admin

Postby bmytnik » Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:08 pm

In your new SD 3.0 release you add - It has a 'light' theme colour option - you can check a box to choose white or black.
Stupid question - where is the box to choose between white or black theme?
bmytnik
I'm new here

Postby wayne » Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:11 am

The check box is in the admin screen under appearance/ theme options
wayne
Site Admin

Postby Chi » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:54 pm

thank you wayne! much appreciated! also, thanks on the spelling help :P ;) :roll: :oops: :D
Chi
I'm new here

Next

Return to Announcements and General Support for Slidingdoor Themes