LANGUAGES-POLYLANG plugin

Everything else!

LANGUAGES-POLYLANG plugin

Postby snail » Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:03 pm

Hi folks - new to the forum but not to SlidingDoor - love this theme.

Currently putting together a site to be seen in four languages.
I found a really good plug called "Polylang v 0.8.9" at http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/polylang/. It works by tying page ID numbers to the corresponding page translations.
The static menu can be set up to change to the appropriate language - the slider seems to stay in the main language (in this case english, but I haven't really investigated that at the moment).

Only problem is that since upgrading to Slidingdoor to version 3 .0 .3 the menu dropdowns don't work. :(
They worked fine on the previous issue of Slidingdoor.

Now I can mess around with css and html and I have modded this theme a tad to accommodate that which I have to do on this site, but but php is way beyond me unless I can copy and paste it in the right place. What I'm saying is I'm comfortable messing if someone can point me in the right direction.

I'm wondering if one of you web-wp-gurus has any idea how I can recover the dropdown functionality? If you think you can, let me know what YOU need to know.

Thanks a million.
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society - Jiddu Krishnamurti
snail
I'm new here

Re: LANGUAGES-POLYLANG plugin

Postby wayne » Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:26 pm

Nothing at all changed with the drop-down menu's, I'm not sure what's going on there.
Can you post a link to your site?
What version were you previously using?
wayne
Site Admin

Re: LANGUAGES-POLYLANG plugin

Postby snail » Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:43 pm

Sorry Wayne - been away for a bit.

Ok I had horrid stuff going on, the whole site went doolaly bongo. So I changed themes, trashed the copy of SlidingDoor, disabled all the plugins and reinstalled a new copy of the theme.

Lost a few hours of work but happy to report that all is sweet now.

Not a clue what was going on.

Many thanks for the reply though
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society - Jiddu Krishnamurti
snail
I'm new here

Return to Announcements and General Support for Slidingdoor Themes