Replace Default Pictures in Picture Perfect Theme?

Everything else!

Replace Default Pictures in Picture Perfect Theme?

Postby oshyn22 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:51 am

I have looked everywhere and maybe I'm not looking for the right thing so i apologize in advance.

I am looking to replace the default pictures on the sliding panal on the left with my own photos. I dont know where to edit that at. Ive searched the files but I guess I cant locate how to do this.

Your help is really appreciated!!! Thanks

B :)
oshyn22
I'm new here

Re: Replace Default Pictures in Picture Perfect Theme?

Postby krickets » Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:25 am

How do I link to a category in the sliding doors and select an image for that category?

1. Make a blank 'placeholder' page called anything (eg category 1) and upload a featured image for this page and then add this page to the navigation menu so that one of the sliding doors points to it.

2. Use the 'page links to' plugin to point this page to the category you want.

The sliding image will now link to the category.

www.krickettsbooks.com
krickets
Legend!

Postby RaeRob » Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:52 pm

Hi, sorry to be a pain, can you please explain how to do this a bit more step by step. Plugins required and all? I've just installed Wordpress to my site, activated this theme and that's it, that's where I'm at... I've pressed random things and searched this site but I don't get it and I need help changing the images! Thanks :)
RaeRob
I'm new here

Postby krickets » Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:54 pm

Getting Started.

1. Download the theme and activate it from wordpress.
2. Go into Appearance - Menus and Create a New menu and add 7 Pages or Categories to it.
3. A new dropdown will appear on the left called 'Sliding Navigation' - Select your new menu here.
4. To change the images, change them in photoshop. The need to be 320×200 in size or it won’t work. You can download the original photo shop file from the theme homepage. The titles in the images are changed by editing the image in photoshop. Try to make the filesize small - in photoshop you do this by 'save for web' and choose medium or low quality - not high.
5. Go to a post that is in your main menu and select 'upload image' then select the image you want to upload and select 'use as featured image'.
6. If you want to customise the theme, make sure you use a child theme rather than directly change the sliding door theme - there's great instructions here: http://op111.net/53/

Enjoy!
krickets
Legend!

Postby aland » Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:04 am

I can't seem to find the Featured Image option in your theme. If I switch to a different theme, I can set a featured image in a post or page. When I switch back to your theme, that option is no longer there. If I can't set a featured image, how am I supposed to change the images on the side menu?
aland
I'm new here

Postby imeric7 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:31 pm

aland wrote:I can't seem to find the Featured Image option in your theme. If I switch to a different theme, I can set a featured image in a post or page. When I switch back to your theme, that option is no longer there. If I can't set a featured image, how am I supposed to change the images on the side menu?

It will appear in the admin at the middle-right of the page you created. :) If it still does not appear then you just act as if you are adding a picture in your post but instead of clicking "Insert Into Post" just click "Use As Featured Image". That should do it!! Make sure the size of the image is width: 320 x height: 200.

Thanks & Regards,
Eric
I am Follower Of Jesus Christ, if you are depressed and sad about something. Just PM me or visit this website: graceoflife.com.

Thanks & Regards,
Eric
imeric7
I'm a regular

Postby riham » Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:12 am

They are correct you have to put the text in manually in a photo editing software. really its not that hard. There are a few freeware photo editing software programs that you can get if you do not want to buy one. I use Coreldraw as it is rather inexpensive.
Try out our free Brain Dumps.com and latest comptia C4120-783 training courses to get high flying success in final msu and
riham
I'm new here

Return to Announcements and General Support for Slidingdoor Themes