Justifying the text?

Any questions about styling and customising the layout, changing the number of columns, changing the number of sliding images and so on.

Justifying the text?

Postby Melissa » Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:51 am

Hi guys,

I am from Uganda and this is my website which is under construction (but live, on air!). I don't know how to design it 'offline':
http://www.khamelpublishing.com/

The 'Sliding Doors' is obviously an amazing theme which I have tried to customize in my own way. However, when I was migrating to this theme, all my justified text just aligned to the left. I recently figured how to make it two columns form this very site, now I need for the text to look neat and justified. Any solutions? What coding should I adjust?

Screenshot of my unjustified text, on my site:

Also- is there a way to have a static homepage with company info, instead of having those blogposts on the homepage? Because people are saying my website is nice(thanks to the cool Sliding Doors header) but it looks more like a blog than a company website. Sorry if this topic has already been posted.

Thanks in advance,
Melissa

site:http://www.khamelpublishing.com/
Melissa
I'm new here

Re: Justifying the text?

Postby Chevrock » Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:35 pm

The 'Sliding Doors' is obviously an amazing theme which I have tried to customize in my own way. However, when I was migrating to this theme, all my justified text just aligned to the left. I recently figured how to make it two columns form this very site, now I need for the text to look neat and justified. Any solutions? What coding should I adjust?

Hi Melissa,
I recently upgraded to the new version of sliding doors and lost my formatting. I foolishly did not keep good notes or do a backup. The text alignment on your site is just what I need. Would you share with me what I need to do to make that happen?
Chevrock
I'm a regular

Re: Justifying the text?

Postby MarlonHe » Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:37 am

I found your solution while fixing my site :D
IN Stylesheet.css

UNDER .entry-content, .entry-summary {
padding: 24px 0 0;
}

ADD text-align: justify;

So it should like
Code: Select all
.entry-content, .entry-summary {
padding: 24px 0 0;
text-align: justify;
}

This will justify just the contents of your post.
MarlonHe
Legend!

Return to Advanced - Customising the theme