Centering the Menu

Any questions about styling and customising the layout, changing the number of columns, changing the number of sliding images and so on.

Centering the Menu

Postby Baba » Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:47 am

Hi. Since the default width of the theme was too narrow, I widened it. No probs. The header and sliders stayed the original width. No probs. However, the menu and the solid line below it flushed left. I need it centered. Does anyone know how to do that. I went into the style.css and change all the menu widths one at a time, even used align: center, and nothing worked. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance, and Happy Holidays.
Baba
I'm a regular

Re: Centering the Menu

Postby wayne » Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:09 am

Can you post a link?
wayne
Site Admin

Postby Baba » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:33 am

Thanks again, Wayne. I did a workaround and centered it by adding px. That seemed to have worked. You can see it here. www.stuartland.com If you have a better idea, I'm all ears. Right now I'm trying to find a way to make the fonts in the posts and pages less weighty. I'm using the white font on the black background. I love this, but all the fonts look bold and make the pages overly bright. I don't know if they are bold, but if they can be made less so, that would be ideal. Any ideas?
Baba
I'm a regular

Postby wayne » Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:22 am

Baba wrote:I love this, but all the fonts look bold and make the pages overly bright. I don't know if they are bold, but if they can be made less so, that would be ideal. Any ideas?

wow they are bold!
That's not the theme, you must have set them to bold OR customised something and broken a tag somewhere.

I'd say you've broken a tag, check all the <div> have a </div> in the areas you've changed.
wayne
Site Admin

Return to Advanced - Customising the theme