Newbie Ordeals...

Everything else!

Newbie Ordeals...

Postby Deja » Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:39 pm

Greetings from Venice Beach, California. I am new to using WordPress and naturally unfamiliar with the Sliding Doors Theme. As an artist, I find the visual dynamics of this theme postiviely spectacular. However, I am struggling to create a sliding menu. I conducted a precursory search for a step by step, walk-through "Sliding Doors for Dummies" type post, but did not find one.

Meanwhile, I followed the following directions, as best I could.

VERSION 2.6 and later: THE MENU'S ARE NOW SET UP USING THE BUILT-IN CUSTOM MENUS

1. Go into Appearance - Menus
2. Create a New menu and add 7 Pages to it.
3. A new dropdown will appear on the left called 'Sliding Navigation' Select your new menu here.

I just created a new menu and added 7 pages. I planned to figure out how to upload photos and add menu content later. HOwever, when I visited my site for a sneak peak, the slideshow had completely vanished. POOF!!! Gonzo!!! There is now a gaping black hole where my lovely generic menu once was? ALl that remains is my snazzy new background, edited header & generic text.

I am patient (or stubborn) enough to ultimately get the hang of this theme. But also practical enough to realize if I wish to post a new website fairly soon. I may need to opt for a simpler, more user-friendly photo/artist oriented theme and revisit Sliding Doors when I am more experienced?

For now, any hints, or sage advice from the savy amongst you would be genuinely appreciated. Thanks in advance. :-)

~Deja
Deja
I'm new here

Re: Newbie Ordeals...

Postby DBuggy » Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:29 am

Terrible that you never got an answer to this even after a couple of months. I was in the same situation but I eventually fumbled through it, went back to the getting started instructions again etc..
I think the instructions presume you know how the Wordpress platform works to begin with but.... I didn't.
Anyway, if you still need help let me know and I will explain it as best I can and include screen shots too if you like. Just let me know if you are still having troubles or just gave up. :D
DBuggy
Legend!

Re: Newbie Ordeals...

Postby amberge » Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:11 pm

In the screen options check the comments and discussion. Then below that you can uncheck allow comments.
That did it.
We provide fast success in 70-640 dumps exam by using our high quality downloadvce prep resources. We offer up-to-dated usuhs.mil dumps with definite guarantee of network+ training success
amberge
I'm new here

Return to Announcements and General Support for Slidingdoor Themes