Sliding door not working for Wordpress 4.4

Everything else!

Sliding door not working for Wordpress 4.4

Postby sonny » Wed Dec 09, 2015 4:26 pm

Hi,

I just started to design my website, last week I installed Wordpress 4.3 and Sliding Door theme
worked fine. But yesterday I saw a notice for upgrade to Wordpress 4.4. So I use the automatic
upgrade process and it seems to progressing, but at the end the page came back with dead WHITE screen.

I thought the update fails, since I have not done much, so I tried install a brand new Wordpress 4.4 on the domain,
when I install Sliding Door theme and either chose ACTIVATE or LIVE VIEW, it came back with the same
dead WHITE screen. If I go back into the admin screen and choose ACTIVATE or LIVE VIEW on another theme it worked fine.

I also tried with a brand new Wordpress 4.3 installing and sliding door also works fine,
FYI... I am hosting multiple domains on my apache2 using virtualhost, and the other domain
is working fine.

Please advise

Sonny
sonny
I'm new here

Re: Sliding door not working for Wordpress 4.4

Postby a2034487 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:17 am

Hi,

I'm having exactly the same issue. In my case when I upgrade it results in a 'Error 500', forcing me to restore a backup. There is some kind of compatibility issue between wordpress 4.4 and this theme :shock:

Would be good to hear from the developer...

John
a2034487
I'm new here

Postby wayne » Sun Dec 13, 2015 11:20 pm

This has been fixed, you can grab a fix from here...

http://mac-host.com/slidingdoor/sliding-door3-2.zip

Wordpress changed something in version 4.4 so I had to change the theme to fix it.

It will eventually come through the wordpress download page at wordpress.org but there is an approval process for wordpress themes so that could be a few days.

Grab this in the meantime!

http://mac-host.com/slidingdoor/sliding-door3-2.zip
wayne
Site Admin

Postby FTrooper » Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:11 pm

Thank you so much, wayne! I manually restored Wordpress back to 4.2 and had mentally decided to never update, since I doubted the theme would be updated :D.

Thanks for making my day! Now I can update both.
FTrooper
I'm a regular

Postby kikibelu » Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:56 pm

Thanks Wayne for your support !

Do you thing to update your theme to be " responsive" ?

thanks a lot !
Last edited by kikibelu on Tue Dec 15, 2015 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kikibelu
Legend!

Postby Daisy9 » Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:20 am

Way past 1am, got the email, updated the theme first before updating WP, and now I get this anyhow: Fatal error: Call to undefined function get_the_post_thumbnail_url() in /var/sites/m/makeitsomosaics.co.uk/public_html/wp-content/themes/sliding-door/functions.php on line 307 , downloaded the fix, but really have no clue what to do with it, as I'm no expert, and the mad is refusing to open the pages, says it cannot read php.. Help? This is really important for me, what with Christmas trade. I added the '1' to the line above, within the editor, made no difference, and I know I'm grasping at straws here. :oops:
Daisy9
I'm new here

Postby wayne » Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:50 am

Daisy's problem all fixed!

Daisy had upgraded the theme AND tried to do the manual fix.

For a normal user all you need to to is upgrade the theme.

You don't need to do anything else.

The' manual fix' is just for people who don't want to upgrade the theme because they have customised it by hand with their own programming and don't' want to lose those changes.

Wayne
wayne
Site Admin

Postby Daisy9 » Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:52 am

Thanks so much for your help, much appreciated. :)
Daisy9
I'm new here

Postby pareidol » Sun Dec 27, 2015 5:20 pm

Confession: I used the Sliding Door theme to set up a site for my niece years ago and really know nothing about WordPress. I logged in this morning to update her site and clicked to do the WordPress update 4.4. I ended up hiding the entire site with just an error message visible if anyone visits and I have no idea how to apply a fix because I can't get into the site's admin area: http://www.dreamintochange.com/

If anyone is still imbued with a shred of holiday spirit and goodwill, can you help?
pareidol
I'm new here

Postby pareidol » Fri Jan 01, 2016 12:58 pm

Just as an update, I downloaded the Dec. 15 version of the theme and uploaded it this morning, along with my child stylesheet. Still getting an error message. I can open the functions.php in Notepad but have no clue what/how to make the fix. Help?! - Susan
pareidol
I'm new here

Next

Return to Announcements and General Support for Slidingdoor Themes