WP 4.4 upgrade and Picture Perfect Theme

Everything else!

WP 4.4 upgrade and Picture Perfect Theme

Postby Data1001 » Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:20 am

Hi, Wayne --

I received your email today about the SlidingDoor Theme, and the fact that the WP 4.4 upgrade would break everything.

I have the Picture Perfect Theme (Version: 1.3.3) -- which apparently makes use of Slidingdoor for its menu -- installed on my site (and it's been highly customized). Because of the customization, I was glad to see you provided a manual fix with a string to replace in the functions.php file. However, I cannot find the string "get_the_post_thumbnail_url()" in any of the files associated with the Picture Perfect theme. I did a search both in my WordPress theme editor section, and also by directly searching all the files via my hosting provider's file manager control panel.

So, is there something I'm missing, somewhere I'm not looking -- or do I not need to change anything in the PP theme?

Much thanks!

EDIT: After backing everything up, I did update to WP 4.4, and so far there don't seem to be any problems (knock wood).
Data1001
I'm new here

Re: WP 4.4 upgrade and Picture Perfect Theme

Postby wayne » Tue Dec 15, 2015 2:56 am

If you have a version of the theme that is earlier than version 3.0, it will work without any upgrade!

It is only version 3 and later that was broken by the new wordpress.
Version 3.0 was from 2012.
Version 3 has the option to leave the sliding doors open, it has the option to put in your own header image, it has the option to choose a black or white theme.

So if you have a version of sliding door that is older than 2012 and you've never upgraded it - you are fine!
wayne
Site Admin

Re: WP 4.4 upgrade and Picture Perfect Theme

Postby Data1001 » Tue Dec 15, 2015 7:25 am

Groovy. Thanks so much for the quick reply! :)
Data1001
I'm new here

Return to Announcements and General Support for Slidingdoor Themes